Looking to stretch your adventure boundaries, did you know that the Smoky Mountains National Park is located in Tennessee & North Carolina?
To truly experience a Jeep Rental, we suggest a trip to Cherokee, North Carolina. This trip is for visitors who are looking for an extensive drive through the scenic Smoky Mountains. As you depart Gatlinburg on HWY 441 you will pass several points of interest on your way to Cherokee, North Carolina, that you may want to visit and will need to build time into your itinerary to experience.
- Sugarlands Visitor Center – 1420 Little River Gorge Rd, Gatlinburg, TN Open daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Chimney Tops Trail Head – Hiking Trail US-441 Gatlinburg, TN
- Morton Overlook – Scenic Overlook US-441 Gatlinburg, TN
- Newfound Gap – Scenic Overlook – US-441 Bryson City, NC
- History Exhibit Overlook – Scenic Overlook – US-441 Bryson City, NC
- Cliff Branch Falls – Scenic Overlook – US-441 Bryson City, NC
- Oconaluftee Visitor Center – 1194 Newfound Gap Rd Cherokee, NC – Open daily 8:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Mingus Mill – Mingus Mill Access Rd Cherokee, NC – Open Daily, Beautiful Photo Opportunity
- Museum of the Cherokee Indian – 589 Tsali Blvd. Cherokee, NC – Open daily from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Water Fall Hikes in Cherokee – There are several waterfalls that have easy access and are a short walk. The easiest falls to reach that is closes to Hwy 441 is Mingo Falls. It is roughly 5 miles down Big Cove Rd, you will pass the KOA Campground. As you round the curve in the road, keep an eye out for a parking lot / pull off on your right hand side. The falls are roughly 100 yards up the trail. The trail itself is considered steep but the good news is that there is a very nice water fall only a short distance from your Jeep.
At Southland Jeep and Car Rentals, we believe in the personal touch, for reservations please Call (865)436-9811 . Keep an open mind when considering things to do in Gatlinburg. A Jeep, Van or Hummer are great ways to explore and experience the Mountains.